Monday, January 14, 2013

(Jan 14) The work begins


I came out and spent the day on the property, clearing the driveway from the road all the way back to the big stump. I brought the little hibachi and lunch to cook - hamburgers and beans. It's so peaceful here. Still really quiet. Not a lot of wildlife moving around yet. Temp was pretty cool, stayed between 35° and 39° today. I layered my clothes but soon found that I only needed a T-Shirt as I was working. Feels like I got a lot accomplished. I got all of the driveway cleared of brush and Mesquite trees. Hate those things! I also dug out the water meter. Confirmed it was never used. Just a small reading for the water they washed through it. Otherwise still new. It was completely buried in mud. Disturbed a frog that had been wintering in the housing. I'm sure he will find shelter somewhere. I can't wait to see this place when it's in full bloom. I'm thrilled with it in the dead of winter. It will be very exciting to see all of this come to life in the
spring.

Front Driveway
There's something special about cooking and eating outdoors. It always tastes great!

Water meter. Won't be starting a golf course here with a 5/8" pipe! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment