Monday, January 26, 2015

(Jan 26) Taping and Bedding

Well, we got the drywall installation completed. I was pretty sore last night when we crawled into bed but feeling much better this morning. Had my younger daughter, Sabrina, out for the day. She wasn't thrilled about putting up insulation but she did great on taping and bedding. We got the 1st coat done. Hopefully can get 2 more coats on this coming weekend. We have to get home in time for the Superbowl!


Weather was perfect. Mid 60s and a light breeze. I'll be anxious to see how much it takes to heat this space. Maybe we'll be out when the weather's cold again and we can test a couple of options. We have a Mr Heater (propane) that puts out up to 9K BTUs. We also have an electric space heater that puts out about 5K BTUs. Trying to gauge how big a wood stove to build. Looking at getting my first welder and that will be one of my first projects. I may also build the bed frame for our Murphy bed. We bought a bed frame this past week to try but I just don't think it's going to do the trick. It's nice when you need to pull a spare bed out but not what I'm looking for. I will also likely do a lot of welding on the storage building/shop we're planning to build next. It's time to learn how.

No comments:

Post a Comment