Monday, June 1, 2015

Water System Photos

I'm really hoping that all of this works out and pays off. The city water service is $600/yr plus any overages. I'm hoping that we can come up with a safe way to treat our water that we catch off of the roof. If so, we should be ahead by the end of year 2. I'll add a 2nd cistern for water out of the creek to use for irrigation. Don't see any sense in that though until we move out here full time.


Loaded up and headed home. A tank of gas saved me the $250 delivery fee. I've just got to figure out how to unload it by mylself!


Unloading turned out to be pretty easy. Get is started rolling and get out of the way. 250 lbs but it tipped over upright easily.


Kim, pounding in steel rebar anchors for pad


Boards on completed pad to roll cistern onto


Cistern in place on pad. I lucked out in that I miscalculated the width of the tank. Luckily we had an inch or 2 to spare. :)


View of cistern beside house


Shower system on back of house ready to plumb to cistern.


Gutter up and attached





Gutter draining into cistern


No comments:

Post a Comment